Buy Stainless or Titanium Eyewear to Avoid Nickle Allergies

If your eyewear turns green, only buy STAINLESS STEEL or TITANIUM frames. Your system does not like nickel metal which is present in a lot of eyewear. If the inside of your temples (arm pieces) is rough and corroded, same thing, the contact with your skin is making the coating come off and exposing bare metal to your skin, which can cause a rash similar to poison ivy. Your eyecare professional can guide you to the Stainless Steel and Titanium frames. Believe me,if your ear lobes get sore from CHEAP earrings and your wrist watch makes your wrist green, you're allergic to nickel.

By apeters from northampton,PA

That is a great suggestion and I wish I knew about it a few years ago.

If you can't get the titanium or stainless steel frames make sure the plastic ear protector goes all the way up and beyond the curve behind your ear.

I had a pair of glasses where the plastic was only on the end and I got a really gross itchy rash where the metal contacted my skin. The inner part of my ear started to have a reaction too.

There are ear protectors out there. They look like clear plastic tubes. I wasn't able to find them in any store so I had to make do. I couldn't afford new glasses at the time and ended up wrapping that part in bandaids or surgical tape.

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 18, 2008
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing
Sprayin Insect Repellent
Removing Insect Repellent on Eyeglasses
🎉
🎄