Recipe for Paraffin Baths

Does anyone have a homemade recipe for paraffin baths using canning jar paraffin? My therapist and my orthopedist are adamant that I need to use paraffin heat treatment for an injury incurred when a careless driver T-boned my car recently. I do have a bath but I need more paraffin and it would need to be special ordered since I can't find a local source.

Jeanne from Florida

Searching on Google, I found these websites.

http://www.arth  araffinbath.html

http://health.y  ealthwise/zt1153

http://www.reci  skin/skin75.html

Searching in Thrifty Fun would be my first choice. If you don't find what you want there, you could try using different search engines with a variety of word combos. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I don't know what combination of words you used to search but I tried several and didn't come up with one recipe, let alone three though I did guess pretty well what the additives would turn out to be. You have no idea, what a wonderful help you have been.

Jeanne -

When I was taking some therapy and they ran out, they added mineral oil to some paraffin wax (sold in blocks). I do not know exact measurements but just experiment with a little of each until it feels right.

Once you have done the paraffin bath wrap plastic /plastic bag around and then a towel to keep the heat in . Hope this helps. Crystal

Thank you. From what I have been able to find out, the usual recipe is 1/4 cup of mineral oil to 1 pound of paraffin. I made that up in the bath I had aquired, added a few drops of rose essential oil from my craft stores and have been using it quite successfully. I had learned about the plastic and towel wrap through the material that mckaysatt sent the links for. Altogether the therapist was quite pleased with my report back to her. I am so grateful for the help.

I am teacher of beauty and can anyone give me a recipe for chocolate paraffin wax for manicures please

Hand in Rose Petal Water
Homemade Spa Bath Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes AdviceJune 9, 2006
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Bathing a Parakeet
Bathing a Parakeet
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Petroleum Jelly
Uses for Petroleum Jelly
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 10:26:00 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.