Painting Red Birds on Glass Ornaments

I have some clear glass Christmas ornaments that I want to paint for my tree this year. I have a treetop bow that has red birds on it. I would like to paint red birds on the ornaments. My tree is white.

Does anyone know where I can find a bird pattern to use? I want to either stencil the bird on or cut a sponge in the bird shape to paint with.

Thanks!

Check stickers (or a photo) of the bird you want, then copy it in several sizes - several copies. There is sticky stencil material at craft stores you can put over the copy you want and make a stencil, or just cut out the paper one and use Modpodg or tacky glue to put it on the curved surface. I no longer have photo of the ladybugs of 3 sizes I put on planters.

Be sure to get paint that is designed to stick on glass. Lots of paints will flake off from glass. If you can find plastic ornaments, fabric paint, the 3-D kind, works very well.

Ask a nearby child to draw a bird for you? let them participate!

Painted Glass Ornament
Painting Glass Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsNovember 26, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
snowman on a glass ornament
Snowman Patterns for Painting on Glass
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄