Mail Order Prescriptions

Place a written reminder on a calendar immediately after opening your mail order medicine to let you know when you need to reorder. This is great especially for mail order scripts which many of us have for our maintenance medicine. If the mail order prescription service messes up, due to their fault, and your meds will arrive late, request they ship it overnight or priority mail at their expense. Mine just did this for me, as did another one at another time. You may have to ask them do this, it is not a given.

By Joan in CT

My mail order prescription plan has a website that will e mail me when my prescription is due for a refill. Then I go online and not only order it but can bill it directly to a credit card. Makes life a lot easier. But I used to do the same thing and mark it on my calendar before I registered on their website.

LI Roe

Excellent idea. I have forgotten mine and had to get more expensive 30-day supplies until I got my refill. Fortunately, my mail-order pharm has started calling customers when their refills are due; however, they don't tell who or what prescription needs filled!

Budget & Finance HealthcareSeptember 1, 2005
Prescription Drugs
Getting Help Paying for Prescription Drugs
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail