Scenery: Pine Tree Shadow Mural

The November sun has lowered in the sky and barely sheds direct light over the roof of my apartment complex into the courtyard now. It makes me sigh with sadness because I love the sun's brightness and will miss it greatly for the next few months. But on the up side, because of the lowered sun, a wonderful mural is being created in the afternoons on a courtyard wall fashioned from the shade of a Ponderosa pine tree. :-)

By Deeli

Fall and winter do have some good points as far as scenery goes, but then here in South Dakota where I live as a whole winter is for the birds. Lol.

Thanks for your poetic and vivid description - thumbs up!

Redhatterb... when it's snowy outside is the perfect time to draw the shades and put on a great movie - or enjoy a good book and your fave beverage in front of a fireplace. :D

Love the shadow picture that pine tree makes against the walls. Such an interesting type of natural art. So many people would never have noticed. Good for you, Deeli. Thanks for sharing it.

You get my vote. Good Luck!

ww

Photos SceneryNovember 11, 2010
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
head shadow
Paper Shadow Self Portraits
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
🎄
🍂