Where Can I Get Information on Homeschooling Requirements?

I'm wanting to homeschool my kids, but some of the laws are a bit confusing. For example, do you have to teach them 6 hrs/day or just make sure you get in the required number of hours for the year? Are the subjects that are required in KY for every grade level, and what are the scholarship records that are required? Where is the best place for me to find these answers?

By Jessica from Mt Washington, KY

I would contact your state deopeartment of education. In fact even your local school distsrict should be able to help you.

Local school district should have all your answers. When we home schooled in WV we only had to have taught our children enough to pass a yearly test given by the school board for the grade or child would be in. We seldom had specific "hours" for teaching our kids but did it as an on going way of life 7 days a week at every possible time available (opportune time).

Check out Yahoo groups on homeschooling; these folks can probably be extremely helpful to you! Good luck!

Here is where you will find all the laws and regulations pertaining to home schooling in Kentucky:

http://www.homeschoolinginkentucky.com/gettingstarted/legal/statelaws.aspx

Google / Laws in Kentucky for Home-schooling, they are different for every State. My Son is using Time4Learning.com for his Home-schooling, you might be interested in that.........good luck ! :)

EducationOctober 20, 2010
Homeschooling Tips, Mother Homeschooling her Two Teenage Children
Homeschooling Tips
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Boy Learning at Home from Teacher
Homeschooling Game Ideas
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
🎄