Wills And Pearl (Jack Russell Terrier)

Wills and Pearl for short - Brave Sweet William and Pearl Girl. He isn't brave and/or sweet but is very willful. Pearl is 100% girl! Wills is almost seven and Pearl just turned six - they have the same sire. Wills is "store bought" from a breeder in MS; Pearl was free because her ears are off color. She came to us at 4 weeks from the same breeder. They are Jack Russell Terriers.

They love to romp and wrestle with each other. They go to "play day" - Wills is in with the big dogs and Pearl prefers the small ones. They love a walk and a ride in the car - often into mischief if you don't pay them enough attention. They have both been to obedience class but have selective memory particularly when you give the "Come" command.

If you want some fun in your life, just look at my two Jack Russells. Wills is in the cowboy hat and Pearl is chilling as usual. They are "running rabbits", always clowning - very high energy and fiercely loyal. They have a somewhat low tolerance for children they don't know, typical terrier. Bred to hunt; Pearl is quite adept at reducing the varmint population. Wills would just "bark them to death!". I will always have a Jack as long as I have a lap. My beloved Max lived for 17 1/2 years. When he had to leave me, he had already trained these two pups to be my faithful companions.

By CJ from Camas, WA

Wills And Pearl (Jack Russell Terrier)

Thanks for the sweet post and the great photo. My dear mixed terrier Lady, like your Max, also lived 17-1/2 years, healthy until the last few weeks. She died 5 weeks ago and I'm not ready for a new pup yet, but when I am, it'll be another terrier. You couldn't ask for a better companion.

you have some Great JRT...what you said is so true, my Petey

just turned 6 in May... since the petfood scare, I've been

cooking for him, I don't trust petfood any more from the

store, and I want him around for a long long time....

StickChilly & Petey

They are precious! Give them both a big hug and kiss for me. God bless you!

I'm a little behind since I was on vacation and just saw the picture of your pups. I love them!

I too have a JRT. He is my empty nest baby. I have spoiled him rotten. I only wish I would have gotten two of them when he was a puppy because while he loves people he hates other dogs. I have to be very careful when walking him so I have to carry a whistle & mace. He would protect me to his death. We had quite a scare 2 months ago. He was diagnosed with diabetes. My husband has it so I do know about the disease but never the less I was devastated. He had to stay in the hospital ( he has never been away from home) & they went ahead & let him come home because he was so depressed. He is doing pretty good now. He takes insulin in the morning & in the evening. We have to test him & he has to eat prescription dog food twice a day. He can only have 6 presription treats per day. When we cannot get him to eat we have to syringe feed him which is difficult it takes about 6 syringes but he HAS to eat at a certain time. He is very willful he just doesn't understand. But he had his blood test 2 days ago & they said he's doing great. I have never had such a devoted dog. I just hope he continues to do great.

Shinook the Jack Russell Terrier looking at Jett the Crow
Jack Russell Terrier - Photos and Breed Information
Photos Pets DogsAugust 22, 2007
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Large Pearl Tapioca
Making Large Pearl Tapioca
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume
Jack Russel Terrier Mix
Jack Russell Terrier Mix Photos
🎉
🎄