Preventing Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent from Clumping

How do I keep my homemade laundry detergent from clumping? I melt the soap all the way down. It clumps and is not creamy at all.
Thanks.

By Jennifer from Shelbyville, KY

I just use the powder instead of cooking it down. For the same reason. I didn't like the clumpiness.

Obviously, homemade doesn't have the additives in it that keeps it from thickening and in liquid form. The bar soap is a solid, and that's why it solidifies when the liquid is cooled. I don't stir mine at all after pouring it into the bucket. It forms a semi-solid mass that I can scoop out when I use it. I like it much better than that "snotty" consistency. I've not had much luck with the powdered form fully dissolving in the wash and it just heats and clumps in the bottom of my blender while making it.

I stick a marble in each one of my jugs and gently shake it before each use. Works great!

liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesMarch 5, 2010
salt shaker
Keeping Salt from Clumping in the Shaker
A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄