Finding Phone Numbers without Directory Assistance

Calling directory assistance is very expensive and we live in a small town where we have very little access to the larger phone books for neighboring cities. Instead, I suggest visiting two sites on the internet to look up phone numbers. They are: www.superpages.com or www.switchboard.com. This way we can find the addresses and phone numbers we need for free!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Thanks for the tip. I also like to use www.whitepages.com It to is a free service and you can find reverse addresses as well as phone numbers.

Free Directory Assistance Number is:

800-411-6387

www.411.com is a very easy site to use to find phone number and or addresses.

Ah, yes. Use the power of the Internet! It can save you lots of money.

For when you can't use your computer, Free411 phone number -- 1-800-373-3411

Web site: www.free411.com

The best website for finding out phone numbers, reverse lookups and even maps of addresses is www.theultimates.com . This site combines several different telephone/address search engines and internet map services into one page. Very useful...I use it at work to track down people that we need to get in touch with.

i noticed that free411 doesn't have live operators anymore, the automated stuff just doesn't work for me. good thing 1-800-411-SAVE has real people on the line. they have businesses, goverment and home numbers they can connect you to. it's the best free directory assistance service i've come across.

http://www.1800411save.com/

I'd like to share an article which I read - "How To Save On Your 411 Calls", if you have time, check it out at http://saveonyo  s.blogspot.com/. It would help a lot in really saving time and money. I saved a lot of money after i practiced the tips on the article. I'm a frequent user of those free directory assistance providers and among them i could say i prefer using 1-800-411SAVE! I still think finding phone numbers through directory assistance is the best and most accurate way. :)

For peeps who don't have access on the internet, I suggest that you try calling the free 411 services. You can try 1800411save. It's hard not to use directory assistance especially for those people on the go who doesn't have their phone books (yellow and white pages) with them. Through the use of your cellphones, you can get free directory assistance with free connection. Try it out too.

I call my local library reference desk and ask them for a number. They are more than happy to assist. That is what they are there for and paid to do!