Tufted Textile Art

This is an image of a picture I did using the same technique as the rag rug using narrower strips.

I stapled a piece of hessian on to an old picture frame and used a book of discarded discontinued curtain samples from the local store (I found cutting the material on the cross made the strips easier to work with).

I placed the finished picture onto stiff board and stretched, tucked, and glued the border round the back.

I have yet to frame it, but intend to place it on with carpet double sided tape to a piece of the heavy board which came with the book of samples leaving a border for framing

I think I will use skirting board, which is very cheap from the wood store, and cut and staple it to the back for the frame. Or I could use driftwood as I live 20 yards from the North Sea and have a plentiful supply.

The beauty of curtain samples is that they come in batches of matching hues and complementary colours. I might add some shells and sea glass into the picture and perhaps continue embellishing some on the frame.

Isobel

Editor's Note: Here is Isobel's original post:

Love the blend of colours:-D

It looks like a cold sunset over the North Sea! How lovely!

Round t-shirt rag rug.
Making a Rag Rug
Crafts FabricFebruary 25, 2009
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
Making Recycled Garden Art
Making Art With Sharpies
Making Art With Sharpies
 Galaxy Nail Art
Galaxy Nail Art
Layered Salt Art
Making Layered Salt Art
🎉
🎄