Bacon, Mushroom and Onion Quiche

Here is a video recipe for Bacon Mushroom and Onion Quiche. This was a staple of our weeknight meals growing up, and I cook it often for my own family. This one was a "clean out the fridge" meal.

Ingredients

• 1 piecrust (premade or homemade)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 4 slices bacon, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. bacon grease (or increase olive oil)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups shredded cheese*
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1 tsp. thyme (or spices of your choice)
  • Pepper to taste

*Mixture of Cheddar, Swiss, Mozerella, Monterey Jack; whatever you have in your fridge. Almost any cheese will work.

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Saute onions in oil and bacon grease for 1-2 minutes then add mushrooms. Cook until softened and set aside to cool slightly. Beat 5 eggs with 1 cup milk, add pepper to taste. Place pie crust into pie plate and layer cheese, bacon, garlic and onion/mushroom mixture. Mix to ensure an even distribution of ingredients throughout.

Pour egg mixture on cheese mixture slowly, pausing to let it soak in before continuing (to prevent overflow). Fill to top of cheese mixture and top with grated Parmesan cheese, to make a crust. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F, or until egg mixture is set. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. This quiche is good at any temperature.

Tips:

• In the video, I prebaked my crust, for a firmer finished product. This is not necessary. In fact, my husband prefers the unbaked crust's texture. I used the packaged crusts you can purchase in the refrigerator section, with the biscuits and rolls. Homemade crust would be just as good.

• You can swap out any of the ingredients to make your own version. Almost any veggies can be used: broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, leeks. I have also used ham and roasted potatoes. Anything that would be good on a pizza would be good in a quiche.

• The cheeses in this recipe are a mixture of sliced and cubed Swiss and shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack. Almost any cheese can be used. It is a great use for hard ends or leftover party platters.

• Two quiches are often as easy to make as one. They freeze well when baked for a future meal and are also great leftovers. I microwave individual slices for lunches and they still taste great. You can use this same technique to make mini quiches as well, for parties or potlucks.

Sounds yummy and love the video! If that's your voice, it's sweet! :-)

This looks really good! Sounds like Stella to me.

It's Stella. She does the video editing and voice overs (and such a great job too!)

Thanks for letting me know guys :-) Tell Stella I think she has a sweet voice ;-)

Homemade Quiche
Homemade Quiche Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Eggs QuicheJanuary 27, 2010
Spinach Quiche
Spinach Quiche Recipes
Freezing Quiche
Freezing Quiche
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Crustless Quiche Recipe
Crustless Quiche Recipes
🎉
🎄