High Energy Drink Recipe

I am looking for a high energy drink that I can make in my blender every morning with things in my home. I know all about exercise and eating the right foods, but I need some energy to get me started. The less energy I have the more I sit around and eat and gain weight. I am in a catch 22 situation and really do not want to buy any pills, drinks, etc. They do not work for me.

Carlene from Murray, KY

For me, a fruit smoothie with vitamin C and lecithin is a real energy drink. Lecithin helps the mind and vitamin C is a real health promoter. Use some fruit juice, banana and berries or juicy fruit. Being healthy is the best energy promoter

Every morning I drink a pot of yerba mate tea (health food store, grocery store, brazilian latin foods store) with green tea and something highly flavored in black tea.

Mate does not have caffeine, but it does have maffine or raffine (I don't recall which) and this gives you a 'pick me up' without the jitters.

If you want to rev up your metabolism, you HAVE to get a heartbeat rate increase from exercise.

Muscle burns more calories than fat.

For a breakfast drink my favorite is about 3 tablespoons of raw oat bran mixed with a glass of thick juice. I use V8 (or a store brand;it's cheaper and I can't tell much difference). Stir that together well and let it sit while you put on a pot of good coffee. By the time it's brewing the bran will have softened and it will go down a lot easier, but have another glass of cool liquid (water, juice, whatever) to chase it with... chugging this stuff isn't as much fun as chugging a glass of (insert favorite beverage here). Drink that down and then eat a banana. You need the potassium and besides, they taste pretty good.

Then pour a cup of coffee. I like mine black, but if you prefer a light, sweet drink I'd use (local, if possible) honey to sweeten and half & half to lighten. You *can* use chemical lighteners and sweeteners but I don't recommend it. You can also substitute skim or 2% milk for the half & half, but personally I'd rather be shot. You might also prefer raw sugar to honey and that's okay, I just like honey better (both for flavor and a few health reasons).

I drink three (10 oz.) cups of coffee before I will talk with anyone in the morning. This is important: it gives me time to reassemble my mind after a hard night dodging nightmares, as well as a natural stimulant to kick-start whatever's left of my body. It also contains antioxidants, which are supposed to be a good thing. (check out: <http://www.physorg.com/news6067.html> and you'll see what I mean).

Some days I run on coffee. I don't recommend this... I know it's not healthy... but some days if I get busy the only thing I have to eat before suppertime is a banana. I do however find the banana indispensable. If you do the oat bran thing (wheat bran will work here, oat bran is better) and the banana, and drink enough coffee, all will be right with the world! (not really, but all will be better for your body. The world will be whatever we make of it, which will probably be a mess.)

Final note: do the bran thing every morning and see: if you've ever had heartburn, acid stomach, bowel problems, that sort of thing... I'll bet you won't have them any more!

I would agree with Barbara's post on 12/08/2006 with regards to using a real fruit smoothie. This is easy to do and will give you an energy boost as well as starting the day with a good proportion of your 5 a day recommendations for fruit and veg.

Take your fruit (Soft fruits are best, like bananas, berries, kiwi, mango etc, but hard fruits can be used) using as many as you wish, and place in the blender, with either 200ml of pure fruit juice (This counts towards your 5 a day) or 200ml of milk, (I prefer the fruit juice) and a good splash of natural honey if you wish that extra instant boost. Blits together until it is smooth and creamy place in a glass and enjoy. You can experiment with your own tastes and use vegetables as well as fruit. It is also a good way to take in some vegetables that you don't like as they get masked with the other flavours. If you are using this type of drink there should be no need to take extra vitamin C, the body cannot store Vit C any ways, however as it is a good antioxidant an extra suppliment of vit C every now and again will do no harm and it also has the added effect of reducing perceived muscle soreness, (Does not prevent soreness or reduce muscle damage in any way but just the feeling )

I have gone from coffee to an new high energy drink I have found called King 888. I like to pour it over ice instead of drinking it straight out of the can. Lots of B vitamins, plus caffeine, taurine, and guarana. It does the job.

Generic Blue Sports Drink
Make Your Own Sports Drink
Food and Recipes Recipes BeveragesDecember 7, 2006
Softening Hard Powder Drink Mix
Softening Hard Powdered Drink Mix
Hot Lemon Drink
Hot Lemon Drink Recipes
An energy bar with chocolate, dried fruit, and nuts.
Homemade Energy Bars
Freezer
Reducing Your Freezer's Energy Consumption
🎉
🎄