Storing a Plunger

Category Bathroom
Keeping a toilet plunger in the bathroom may be efficient, but storing this somewhat unsightly tool may require some creativity. This is a guide about storing a plunger.

I took a plastic coffee can and spray painted it to much my bathroom. The plunger now sits neatly in the corner behind my toilet and holds my plunger and all the drips from it. After I use it I wait an hour or so and go back and pour out the water, rinse, and back behind the toilet.

By Barbara from Wiggins, MS

With the low volume toilets required in homes these days, it's almost certain you'll need a plunger at least once a week. To keep mine from messing up the floor after use, I use a lid from a Cool Whip bowl to set it on. It fits perfectly and keeps the floor clean and dry!

By Susan

I learned a few years ago when we built a new house that the best way to keep from plunging is to teach my family that if there is something except liquid in the toilet then you hold down the handle until the bowl is empty! It works like a charm. It took a while to teach my dds and dh to do this but.............................no more overflowing toilets.

I try to keep the plunger close but hidden. So I use a large plastic bag to keep it covered then store it in the bathroom cabinet. When used, I clean it by spraying it with a cleaner and then rinse. When dry, I cover with a plastic bag and store out of sight!

By lanagee from Bristow, VA

I hate to see my toilet brush and plunger sitting there when you go into our bathroom. Any ideas how to hide them or make them look better? Thanks. I love all the useful ideas I get in this site.

Closet?

Tall slim garbage pail with a lid?

Assuming you only see the side of your toilet when you walk into your bathroom attach one of those Command hooks on the far side of your tank. The brush will only be visible when standing in front of the bowl. Not only does this make that tool invisible it is able to air dry after using. For the plunger I can only suggest hiding it in the linen closet.

the hook wouldn't adhere to the side of my toliet, i've tried museum putty and the command hooks-any other suggestion?

try making a hook with a paperclip and hanging it off the back of the toilet under the lid of the tank.