Internet TipsComputers

Downloading Firefox Browser

I am currently on Internet Explorer and am wanting to download Firefox. When I begin the download process, it says to close all programs. My question is: Does that mean I also need to close Internet Explorer before doing the download? I know I do not have to delete IE, but I don't know if I need to close it once I am on the Firefox site. HELP!

pm813 from NC

Hi! Close all programs that are open and all windows except the one you are downloading from. I use Firefox and like it.

If you are downloading firefox from Internet explorer thats fine. It will download hopefully to your desktop. You will see a small icon on your dektop after the download is complete. When that is on your desktop you can close Internet Explorer. Now click on the new firefox download on your destop. This is a downloaded program to install firefox. Just click and follow the instructions. I use Firefox and advise to only use firefox. They do have a little attachment at firefox where you can open certain pages in IE that wont work on firefox, by that is few and far between. Good luck

Any time you are downloading a program, you should temporarily close your anti-virus and firewall programs. When you reboot for the new program, it will re-open those programs and you'll be protected again.