Slow Down In Construction Zones

I'm sure this happens in other areas, not just ours. When you see those bright orange construction signs on the highway, saying to reduce your speed, do it. Although it's usually an inconvenience, by slowing down and going the requested speed, they can save us a lot of money. Not only will they save you some gas, but if a highway patrol catches you going over the posted speed limit in a construction zone, your speeding ticket will be doubled the normal cost It also may save your life, as well as your vehicle.

By Terri from NV

THANK YOU for the reminder. My husband used to work in road construction and I feared for his life on some days. Just drive like you would if one of those workers was your husband or your son. They have a commercial in our area where one of the construction workers says " No one drives 70mph through YOUR office." Thanks again for the reminder.

Shame on me...I got my first and only speeding ticket so far in a construction zone (even though they were done working in the area, they just hadn't taken up the cones yet). I was hyperventilating so bad and freaking out that the cop reduced my ticket to a normal speeding ticket instead of the $500 one it would have been if he wrote me up for speeding in a construction zone. I was trying to get to my new job for my first day after having my last college exam for the semester. But it made me realize, I was probably speeding even when people were working on that road, and I feel horrible. Everyone needs to be more careful all the time, not just in construction zone. Driving is hardly fun anymore because there are so many careless drivers out there.

Did you know that road workers have one of the most dangerous jobs in this country? My husband was a highway engineer and the statistics for injury to road workers is off the charts. Aside from danger to yourself and passengers, traffic tickets, etc., the safety of the people who provide safe roads should be a priority when you see those orange warnings.

Some good ideas but I doubt a screwdriver would break a window.

man driving
Safe Driving Tips
Consumer Advice Cars Driving TipsFebruary 12, 2007
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Little boy dressed up as a construction worker.
Making a Construction Worker Costume
Plant Hardiness Zones
USDA Plant Hardiness Zones
🎄