Searching Documents for Word or Phrase

You can eliminate wasting time proofing a document looking for a particular phrase or word (i.e., if you opened a 120 page document and you were searching for something related to "Vitamin A"), by doing the following:

Hold down the CTRL key and "F" key simultaneously. In the upper-left of the screen page [below the tool bar] you will see a new datafield pop up. Type 'vitamin a" in the datafield and click on "Next" (located to the right). It will find the very first mention; then just click on "Next" to continue the search for every mention in the document.

It's amazing how often this comes in handy; and it's definitely a time saver! It will continue to advance to the next finding, until there aren't any; then it will return to the very first finding.

By cajun62234 from Collinsville

Thanks for the great tip. I am looking into going to computer school. I feel like I've just had my first lesson! Thanks again!

Aha, this would definitely come in handy if I were ever in the situation you described. I learned "global find and replace" years ago in a computer class, but that was on a pre-Windows computer. (Am I dating myself? lol!)

Computers TipsAugust 30, 2010
A woman reading a document.
Reading Poor Copies of Documents
A woman who owns a professional cleaning business.
Slogan Ideas for a Cleaning Business
Dictionary and Notebook
Building Your Vocabulary
Medical Insurance Documents
How Long Should You Save Medical Insurance Documents?
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 5:57:09 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 994 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.