Advice For Painting Bathroom With Hunter Green Tile

What color should I paint the bathroom wall to match the hunter green tiles?

By Helen from Gaithersburg, MD

Try a dark beige/tan. This should give it a rich spa look, whereas white would be too contrasting and not attactive. Alternatively, you could try a buttery yellow. I think the dark green tiles do present a challenge. Go to your local paint store or big box hardware and you'll be able to buy small samples for $3-$4. You can put a number of colors alongside the tile to see which one you like best.

Aqua.

I'd use a warm almond color. You don't mention the color of the floor and that should influence your choice as well. I think white would be too stark. If it was me, I'd do warm almond walls with your hunter green tiles and chocolate brown accents.

What color should I paint my bathroom? My tiles are hunter green, shower curtain is gold, and my large mirror is pewter plus I have pewter knick-knacks. The tub, etc. is white. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bob from British Columbia

Answers:

I advise painting your bathroom white, at least white won't clash with your other colors. (09/12/2007)

By MCW

Parchment (the color of antique paper) would be nice. Or better yet, parchment and white or grey and white stripped wallpaper. The wallpaper may be more trouble and probably more expensive than painting, but very sophisticated and manly looking. (09/12/2007)

By perfume and powder

I think light beige and hunter green are a nice, clean, masculine look. A beige/pewter/white plaid shower curtain might be good, something to bring the accent colors together. (09/18/2007)

By Jantoo

Spa themed bathrooms are very popular. They are usually green and white or green and beige. I think a neutral will help your dark green tiles. If you use gold with the green, your bath will look dated. I think the shower curtain should be waffle weave and solid colored. Go to HGTV and do a search under bathrooms using the word "spa." You will be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck. (09/24/2007)

By Carol in PA