Vegetable Plants Wilting, Too Much Water?

Can heavy rain over an entire week cause overnight wilting in vegetable plants (ie. tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers) due to soil saturation?

By JakeN from Orange Park, FL

If they all wilted at the same time I would say definitely, have the leaves curled down (too much water) or curled up (not enough water) have the leaves turned yellow? You might want to pull 1 and see if the roots are rotten, what about raised beds in the future. You may want to try digging a hole a few inches away from the plant and see if that fills up with water if so you are definitely saturated. . Or you may have root knot nematodes. If you like you can send your rain my way, we are starting water rationing at this time I could only save 150 gal. of rain water this year and I have used most of it already.

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesMay 23, 2009
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Tips for Watering Plants
Watering Plants
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 26, 2016 at 1:47:07 AM on in 888 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.