Easiyo Yogurt Maker Tips

I made my first EasiYo yoghurt yesterday and it has not set yet. I read the instructions which only told me to wait 24 hours. I have waited 24 hours since I made it and it hasn't set still. What should I do?

By Lesley from London

I order my EasiYo sachets direct from EasiYo by the case. In that way I pay no shipping even though it is coming from NZ to USA. I pour one room temp bottle of water into the yogurt maker cup, add the sachet, then add enough bottled water to fill it to the top, shaking well after each addition of water. I then add boiling water to the thermos up to the top of the red insert, put in the cup with the yogurt mixture, screw on the thermos top and set my timer for 6 1/2 hours. If I forget to take it out in that time, I can leave it for up to 24 hours but if you do that, it will be more tart. I have never failed to get perfect and delicious yogurt, as good as Stonyfield which was my previous favorite and I have been doing this for over a year now. It makes 1 qt and is the easiest process imaginable. I can't imagine why yours has not set if you are following their directions exactly. If you get the same results again, I would call the company. Maybe you have a bad batch or something.

I made a batch in the Easiyo as follows:

1. Heated 1L of semi-skimmed milk in microwave to 82degC (18mins at 60% power)

2. Cooled to 38degC

3. Added half to Easiyo pot with 1 tablespoon starter (from a previous yoghurt batch made with an Easiyo packet) and 2 tablespoons dried milk powder.

4. Shake well

5. Add remaining milk to Easiyo pot, shake again.

6. Filled Easiyo container with boiling water to bottom of baffle only (Easiyo pot will be above boiling water level)

7. Left overnight

8. Perfect result for £0.54!!

Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyApril 27, 2010
Plastic bottles of white drinkable yogurt.
Making Drinkable Yogurt
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk
🎄