Rose Breasted Grosbeak

A new bird in the neighborhood: Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Hello Peggy from Cortland,Ohio,

I have had this bird a few times at my feeder this year.

They seem to really love the sunflower seeds we put out for the other birds.

I think they are beautiful,how about you?

Teresa from Va.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Are these migratory birds or do you have them all year? They are beautiful, reminding me a bit of the colorful Woodpecker family we had in the trunk of an old dying tree out back years ago. After the babies left, we cut the old tree down. The very next year the grown babies were back looking for their old home place for their own nests! Your bird is the first one I've ever seen. God bless you. : )

So glad ya'll have enjoyed this picture. I am so thrilled this year at the number of new birds to the area. This is the first time the oriole from last week and the grosbeak have appeared. I've seen at least 3 pair of each. They seem to be watching every morning for their daily grape jelly. I hope they come back again next year.

We had alot of these birds at our house for about 4 weeks in The Chattanooga area this spring. They are really beautiful. First time I had ever seen them. We moved here in 2004 but this is the first season for them at our feeders. Hope to see them on their way back in the fall.

That is a pretty bird. At our house near Chicago Illinois, we have recently had a parakeet. It was a really pretty azure blue and white. We have had 2 Quaker parrots of all things on our birdfeeder too. They are shorter than the big parrots, have same kind of beak and are a light green all over. They are living wild in the Chicago, midwest area now. Other birds we have seen are finches, blue jay, cardinal, and the regulars, the sparrows.

We had a pair of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at our feeders this May, they loved the sweet water I have out for the woodpeckers & humming birds. We haven't ever seen them before, I read were they stay further up north, not coming down past Virginia..?? We really enjoyed watching them, they only stayed a couple of weeks & were gone. Hope to see them again.

Garden Bird
Garden Bird Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 16, 2007
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
ripening rose hips
Health Benefits of Rose Hips
rose hip tea in a glass cup
Using Rose Hips
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🎉
🎄