Product Review: Suddenly Salad

Product: Suddenly Salad

Manufacturer: Betty Crocker

Cost: $1.29

I love salads. Any kind, every kind; but especially the ones I make myself. However, I am not above getting a little help. This product is too cool. I love all their flavors, but the newest and "limited edition" Greek Salad is amazing! You simply follow the directions for a simple side dish that feeds four. Or, you can embellish like I always do.

Into the salad bowl as the pasta is cooking, I put:

• chopped up chicken
  • shredded Co-Jack cheese
  • mandarin oranges, drained
  • chopped olives
  • cauliflower
  • broccoli
  • celery
  • hard boiled eggs
  • carrots
  • any other veggies you might like to add
  • 1 Tbsp. of sweet relish (dill is great, too)
  • I add some softened cream cheese simply because I need the calcium.

As you can see by the photo, it's enough for several meals or side dishes. When I eat this, it's a meal.

I love the Greek, and the Chipotle, but my favorite is the Creamy Ranch. This is the perfect time of the year to serve this cool and flavorful dish. I even eat it during the cold winter months, because it's so good. Try some, if you are not hooked, no harm no foul. I would bet money, you will be!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

We love the Ranch version of Suddenly Salad. I always dice up a couple of tomatoes & add them after I've mixed up the salad; this stretches the salad & gives it a nice summery taste.

This is a great idea, I will try it the next time I find this product on sale. I use to buy this product many years ago. I stopped buying it because it had MSG in it, hopefully by now they have taken that out.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversAugust 2, 2011
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
tips for new moms
Time Management Tips for New Moms
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls