Use a White Prom Dress as a Wedding Dress

I purchased a beautiful wedding dress and saved a lot of money by purchasing a white prom dress. Yes, these days prom dresses are available in so many colors and sizes that if you want something elegant yet simple, it fits the bill.

By Routtingaround from Steamboat, CO

Great frugal idea! I can't imagine what a fancy bridal gown would cost at one of the fancy shops. More than I'd like to spend though!

That is awesome! I just bought a white sundress at the Black White Market outlet store - it was only $30! It works for me because I am going really casual. Otherwise, my thought was to have it made. It sounds like that would be expensive, but it is only as expensive as you make it, and you don't have to worry about alterations!

A wedding dress and shoes.
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress
Weddings DressesAugust 31, 2009
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
White wedding dress on black dress form against white background
Buying a Used Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online