Painting Clear Glass Vases Opaque

I apply mosaic pieces to the outside of glass vases. I would like suggestions as to how to paint the interiors, so they are opaque and you don't see the glue.

By Sybil from NYC

They do sell glass paint at the craft store that comes in both transparent & opaque finishes.

Put some paint inside the glass & shake it till it's painted, good luck.

You can also etch the outside of the vase before you apply the glue and mosaics. it will turn the vase opaque without having to use paint that might lech into the water if you use them for flowers, as well as give the glue a better hold on the glass so the mosaics don't slip. also, you can use the etchings just where you want the mosaics to go, so if you want to leave some of the vase clear, you can. You can find etching cream in almost any art/craft store, not walmart though, I tried, for around twenty dollars, and I've made several decorated mirrors, and I've used only half of the bottle. send us some pics of your vases though, they sound really pretty.

painted glass vase
Painting Glass Jars and Vases
Crafts Glass ArtNovember 15, 2009
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass