Decoupaged Heart Box

I had a ceramic, heart-shaped, box that I bought at the dollar store years ago but didn't like the color of it. I decided to decoupage over the design using blue and white printed napkins. It gave new life to the box, and I was pleased with the results.

Approximate Time: About 1 hour

• white paint primer
  • printed napkins
  • Mod Podge
  • small paint brush

Instructions:

1. Clean your glass or ceramic item using alcohol to remove any grease or residue.
  2. Begin by pulling apart the napkins so that you have a single-ply with the printed design.
  3. Tear or cut the printed napkin into small one-inch pieces.
  4. Using a small paint brush, brush some Mod Podge (decoupage medium) onto the ceramic dish and place a piece of napkin over it. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the piece, being careful not to tear it. Repeat until entire ceramic piece is covered.
  5. Allow to dry completely.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box
Crafts DecoupageFebruary 10, 2010
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Decoupaged Wood Frames
Decoupaged Wood Frames
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄