This healthy and hearty recipe is good for thee!
- 1 small sweet onion, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 medium cucumbers, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large fresh ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups of tomato juice, or use canned whole tomatoes with their juices
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- dash of hot sauce
Place the onion, pepper, cucumbers, garlic and fresh tomatoes in a processor, or blender until very finely chopped. Add the tomato juice, basil, salt, pepper, vinegar and hot sauce. Process until soup is the desired texture. Taste for seasoning; chill for at least one hour before serving.
Garnish with finely chopped cucumber and whole basil leaves. Bon appetit!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 6:28:56 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us