Cream Cheese Mints

Well, it's getting to be that time of the year; Weddings, showers, graduations, etc. I was looking through my recipe box the other day and found a recipe that I have made for all the reasons above. These are fun when you and the bridesmaids or family members are getting ready for whatever you are celebrating.

First off, you need to go to a cake decorating store or craft store. What you will need will be some molds that are made out of rubber (They are on the small side). I bought a dove, book, heart,and a couple other molds. Then instead of using regular food coloring, buy the food coloring in a jar, it is a paste. It will give you your reds, any color you want and it will be the true color and you will have plenty left for icings on cakes or the molds for the next celebration. Also you will need flavorings (They also have those). I chose spearmint and wintergreen. I have had more compliments over these. They look beautiful and taste just as good. Do not eat while you are making them or you will not stop eating them (I know this!).

Directions

Combine in bowl:

• 2 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
  • 1 2/3 cups confectioner sugar

and add 1 drop flavoring. Mix together (check to see if you think it tastes the way you want it!). Knead until like pie dough. Roll in balls the size of marbles. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar into the mold. Press ball firmly into the mold. Unmold at once on to parchment or wax paper. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to get the right amount of sugar in the mold to get the mints out but, once you get started and talking, time goes by and you have beautiful mints and a whole lot of fun while doing this!

One more thing, depending on how big the event is. If it is large, mix different batches of colors and flavors in different bowls. If small, just divide up so you can color and flavor them each differently if you chose that way. Or they can all be one color, whatever you want to do. You're the boss!

Source: The lady who gave me this recipe closed her store and has been gone for years.

By Dar from Fairview, PA

tHE MINTS CAN BE ROLLED INTO SMALL BALLS IF YOU DONT HAVE MOLDS. i USE THE BOTTOM OF A SMALL CUT GLASS VASE TO PRESS ON THE BALLS AND MAKE THEM "PRETTY"

Wow I love this recipe! I am going to make it this weekend. How do I store the mints Thank you.

Roll a potato shape in Cinnamon (not too much!) and make Irish Potatoes for St Paddy's Day.

Sorry it took so long to write. I keep mine in foiled lined tins or tupperware, rubbermaid containers. I put wax paper in between layer's and keep them cold. I am so glad you like them it is so hard to make them and not eat them as you make them.

That is a good idea about using the bottom of a glass also I wonder about stamp's for scrapbooking and card's? Thanks again guys it really makes me Happy you like them!

Darlene

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesMarch 4, 2008
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Wedding mints in a serving dish at a wedding reception.
Serving Nuts and Mints at a Wedding Reception
🎉
🎄