Decorating the Yard and Pool for a Wedding Reception

I am having a wedding reception at our home in July. We have a pool and a large yard off to the side and will rent a tent, etc. I would like some ideas of decorating the tent and around the pool area, maybe something for in the pool to float. No color has been selected yet, but I can go anyway with that.

By Mary Lou from Harrisburg, PA

Pool floats or a pool fountain would be great - just remember to put the balloon bouquet weights on them to keep them in the pool. The tent rental shop will have decorations like ivy, florals, etc, big vases, pillars, etc, you can rent to decorate with as well. Check out the local garden centers for plants. Green always look great! Once the couple have selected colors and theme it will be much easier. I learned from experience; make sure to rent a tent with windows that open on all sides. Tents get very hot without cross ventilation.

Floral garlands are pretty wrapped around poles and posts and draped along doorway, fence deck rail, etc. Ferns are attractive on stands, hanging planters or placed on the ground to decorate and are large and fill up space.

Just don't put balloons in the pool. We did that when my mom & step-dad got married & all through the ceremony we could hear balloons popping, it was very distracting and funny, although my mom didn't agree with me!

Wedding Reception
Decorating a Wedding Reception
Weddings DecorationsJanuary 21, 2011
A barn decorated for a wedding reception.
Decorating a Barn for a Wedding Reception
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas