Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 2 dozen chicken wings, about 3 1/4 lbs., rinsed and patted dry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 fresh, hot red Chile, halved
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, smashed with the side of a large knife
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Lay the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the wings are cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat and reduce until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce into a large bowl. Dump the wings into the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce.
By Jodi from Aurora, CO
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:18:33 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us