Salvage Grocery Stores in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas

Where are discount grocery stores in the Dallas area?

By Linda from Dallas, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm a little late, but Irene, are you talking about Topline Warehouse? Or, can you tell me where it's located?

Dallas

The Grocery Clearance Center, 3107 S. Cockrell Hill Road (at Kiest Blvd), Phone 214-330-3663

http://www.groceryclearancecenter.com/site/page/pg126-pn_Home.html

Fort Worth

Town Talk Foods, 121 N Beach St., Ph 817-831-6136

http://www.towntalkfoods.net/

Grand Prairie

Topline Warehouse Store, 433 E Church St., Ph 972-262-5326

Most of the listings for Topline seem to indicate it's an appliance place rather than food...

The places in Dallas & FW have websites.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

December 3, 2009 Flag

I am trying to locate a salvage grocery store near home. If anyone knows of one in the Dallas Ft. Worth area please let me know. Thanks.

Lisa from Kennedale, TX

Answers:

There is a place called Town Talk in Fort Worth on Beach Street that I think will meet your needs. A friend bought a bag of Starbucks coffee for 1.99. I have been there a few times and love it. (01/25/2009)

Lisa you have Town Talk in Ft Worth on Beach St. We shop there a lot. There also is one in Arlington, Top Line I try to go there any time I am out that way. Terry (02/02/2009)

By Terry

Have I got the place for you. It's The Grocery Clearance Center, the biggest and probably only true salvage store in the city of Dallas. It's at the corner of South Cockrell Hill Road and Kiest Blvd. in far North Oak Cliff, almost to the Duncanville city limit. This store has been in business nearly 20 years and has fiercely loyal customers, including me. They stock the usual canned and boxed goods, plus a great variety of frozen meats and desserts.

As I understand it, they have contracts with all the major grocers and distributors and pick up from them nearly daily. Ask anyone in the aisles, we will all testify to the fantastic bargains and sterling service we receive there. They have a website" groceryclearancecenter.com, if you want to see photos and read about them.

I don't know where you live, but I drive in from Wylie, a bit of a journey, but the bargains never fail to make the trip worthwhile. You really need to try this place. The owner is a cute guy from England, I think, and he and his crew will knock themselves out to help you. Oh, I nearly forgot a good feature. They have a program whereby you accumulate "stamps" to get free merchandise. Very little is free nowadays. Trust me, it's worth a trip. Cheers.
(02/12/2009)

By Irene N.

Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
Consumer Advice Store FinderDecember 3, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Frugal Travel Guide
Dallas Skyline
Dallas/Ft. Worth Frugal Travel Guide
Bent N Dent Grocery Store
Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store
Texas Brownie
Texas Brownie Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 11:38:55 AM on 10.0.0.240 in 936 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.