Transplanting a Rose of Sharon

When is the best time to dig up and replant a Rose of Sharon tree? Thank you.

By Bbgone from Chicago, IL

You can transplant them in early spring or fall.

I have tons of rose of Sharon bushes and you can replant them at any time,spring or summer. One word of advise, they do re seed themselves everywhere. It has become a major task to pull up the baby ones before they take root, and they do root quickly. I have planted pinks, purples and whites all together and when they bloom they are beautiful. I have started to cut the tops off so they do more of a bushing out than a tree. I have an entire border that's about six feet tall as a "fence" in my backyard. Good luck with them.

Rose of Sharon
Transplanting a Rose of Sharon
Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingAugust 11, 2009
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 11:31:07 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.