Browsing: Organizing Belts

Storing Belts and Necklaces

I received a nice wrought iron coat hanger for mounting on the wall and had it for years, but never seemed to find just the right place to hang it. I finally got the bright idea of hanging it in my walk-in closet, to put my belts on, and it works great. No more searching for that favorite belt when I'm in a hurry. Now I'm going to put another one in my other closet for my scarves, etc.

By CDC from FL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This suggestion is from the "Dear Webby" web site:

An old short-tine rake works fine for that too. Scrub it with a wire brush, then wash it with CocaCola. The phosphoric acid in it turns any rust into iron phosphate. Rinse, dry, and paint it with a varnish. Varnish is thicker and smoother than paint, but it will still look antiquey.

Usually the "house", the part where you stick the wooden handle, has a little hole for a nail or screw. You can simply hang it by that onto a nail on a closet door inside or anywhere, and just as easily move it to a different location.

December 20, 2010 Flag

To organize your belts, hang them on an old skirt or pants hanger. The hanger takes up very little room in a closet, and you can see all your belts right there in front of you. No more searching everywhere for the one you want to wear.

By laramay from Portland, OR

Answers:

Storing Belts and Necklaces

I hang some of my necklaces on an expandable hat rack. I also use a thing I bought at a yard sale. It looks like a miniature shoe bag with clear pockets. I keep smaller necklaces and the matching earrings in this, and also have this hanging on my bedroom wall, behind the door. This "necklace bag" was homemade, and is a very handy item. I do not know if you can buy one in stores. (07/16/2010)

By louel53

July 12, 2010 Flag

How should I hang my necklaces and store my belts? They can be out in the open.

By Meggy from Houston, TX

Answers:

Storing Belts and Necklaces

I have always hung belts by looping the buckle over the hook end of a clothes hanger and then hanging it in the closet. For necklaces a person can use their imagination and figure out some kind of arrangement. One that I came up with on the spur of the moments is to find decorative push pins and stick them in the wall and hang your necklaces on them. I am sure there are all kinds of other ideas if a person thinks about it for awhile. (07/02/2010)

By redhatterb

Storing Belts and Necklaces

Take a wire hanger and untwist the top part that hooks it onto the hanging rack. Slide your necklaces,bracelets, belts etc. on it. Once you've put what you need on it twist the top part closed and hang it up in your closet. This keeps necklaces from knotting up. I use this to keep jewelry color coded or certain sets together. (07/03/2010)

By abrupt_silence

Stack of Belts
Organizing Belts
Organizing ClothingDecember 20, 2010
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Car Seat Belt
Cleaning Car Seat Belts
Belt on White Background
Craft Uses For Belts
Belt on White Background
Reusing Belts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 6:08:34 AM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.