Toast Ideas for a First Holy Communion

I have be asked to raise a toast for my godchild's First Holy Communion and I'm completely tongue tied. Please help me. Thanks.

Oliver

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Oliver, you don't say whether this godchild is male or female. Either way, you know the child best. My advice? Keep it simple, short and sweet. Maybe something like "To (insert child's name.) (Insert a one-sentence observation about the child here.) May God richly bless you in all your endeavors as you learn and grow in His grace." Sorry if this isn't in the right format, I'm not a Catholic. You could also do a search for "First Communion Toast" and see what pops up.

I was raised Catholic and I've never heard of a toast being given at a First Communion party, let alone a champagne toast. I think that a prayer might be more appropriate. (Or, like JustPlain Jo said, keep the toast simple.)

I agree, it's a holy day and a blessing would be better. I blessed my godson with a blessing based on his personality related to Bible men. Example: May you be like Joseph, who trusted and obeyed God even when it was difficult. Print it out and give him a vision and goal of what he can be for God (or she, as the case may be).

Look inside a First Communion card, and maybe be inspired with something simple.

Asking for a special prayer to be said is good, toasting? Not in any religion I know of. I have a poster I put together.

God's Promises

For God so loved world he gave us his only Son.

He that believes and is baptized will see the Lord's salvation.

Jesus Loves me.

i have been asked to make a speech for my godson's first holy communion

I have been asked to make a speech at my godson first holy communion party

October 13, 2010 Flag

I have been asked to make a champagne toast at my goddaughter's first holy communion party. What is the proper thing to say? I am tongue tied.

PG from LI, NY

Answers:

Toast Ideas for a First Holy Communion

Call the local priest; he's heard a lot of them. (05/18/2006)

By the Oracle

Toast Ideas for a First Holy Communion

Instead of a traditional toast, we are inviting our pastor to say the blessing at our celebration for our daughter's first holy communion. It is easy to forget that this day is one of the most holy in your child's early life, so we chose this way to keep it the focus of the party. (04/01/2007)

By Pat L

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
First Communion
First Communion Speech Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchOctober 13, 2010
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Pouring a Glass of Champagne
Serving Champagne for a Wedding Toast
First Communion Centerpiece
First Communion Centerpiece Ideas
First Communion Cake
First Communion Party Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:32:14 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.