Uses for Levi Pockets

Here are some creative ideas for using just the pockets from Levi's jeans. Post your own ideas below.

Put A Pocket On A Placemat

A friend of mine sews the pockets on cloth placemats, perfect for a napkin and utensils at mealtime.

Shoulder Bag

You can sew them together and add a cord to make a tiny shoulder bag. Needless to add, you can embroider or otherwise decorate it (stick or iron-ons, etc). The 60's are back. All was not lost and we have a chance to share some of the good bits with our daughters.

By Kiwi

Glue To A School Binder

I have used the pockets glued on to the kids binders for school. It is the perfect place to put a pencil or pen or should I say... a note to pass in class.

Add Pockets To Bedskirt

If you are decorating a bedroom to go along with the rug, I suggest putting the pockets on a bed skirt. This is great for pencils. Also, sew two together to make a book for by the bedside. I saw this on HGTV on Decorating Cents.

By rdoe1976

Fridge Pockets

You can use the pockets and make cute noteholders for the fridge by adding magnets.

By Dmhummel

Pockets On A Quilt

After making a quilt, I sewed pockets on the outside for my grandkids, they loved putting their little toys in them.

By Stevie

Why not add the pocket to a scrapbook page? I designed a denim scrapbook page showing my husband and 2 kids all wearing overalls. I added denim shoulder straps, clasp and buttons on each side and put a denim pocket at the bottom center of the page. It's very adorable.

By Cheryl from Missouri

Armchair Pocket For Remotes

You could sew a strip of fabric to the pocket to throw over the arm of a couch or chair to put in the remotes or TV Guide.

By Hope R

Handy Wall Hanging

I saw a cute idea on Martha one time that would probably work for your Levi pockets. Martha made a wall hanging with pockets for a baby's room, but I think if you sewed a dowel into some nice looking fabric and then sewed the pockets on the fabric it would be a nice usable wall hanging for a child or teenager!

By judgej

Girl's Pocketbook

I cut out the pocket and let my girls decorate them with paint and glitter, add a strap or ribbon and they have a pocketbook of their own. And they made it.

By Donna

Levi's Pockets In Home Decor

I saw a Levi pocket glued to a piece of old wood with dried prairie grasses. It had a huge amount of charm.

By melody_yesterday

Wall Hanging

Attach a ribbon for a hanger and make a cute wall hanging by adding a cheap packet of carrots, and a muslin bunny.

By Harlean from Arkansas

Coin Purse or Mobile Phone Pouch

Glue the outer edges of two pockets and glue them together leaving a space in between them, add some velco or zip to the top and you have a cute coin purse. Or add some cord or ribbon to it and you have a neck holder for a mobile phone

By Louise

Use Baby Pockets For Creative Pins

I use toddlers or infant pockets to make pins. You can decorate with buttons, iron-on fringes or any iron-on design, jewerly or any thing you want. Be creative.

By Pauley

My sister-in-law uses them for coasters for drinks. You can either cut real close to the edge and use a plain stitch or whipstitch the outer edge in either ribbon or yarn.

By Jessica

Several Craft Ideas

• Decorate and sew onto sweatshirts for "cool" look and convenience.
  • Sew together and add Velcro for change purse.
  • Sew together and attach (sides to sides) for a children's carryall belt.
  • Attach to Christmas stockings, just the right size for a wrapped cassette tape.
  • Save and sew onto canvas backing for a hanging organizer.

By Doggy

I cut out the pocket with at least an inch around extra than the pocket and make pot holders with the pocket,use old towels as stuffing material and I cut up an old ironing pad as a reflective backing or another piece of denim,bind with a decorative bias tape to cordinate with your kitchen Or make up a batch as gifts!! ENJOY

girl with braces
Removing Braces Wax Stains
Homemade Hot Pockets Recipes
Homemade Hot Pockets Recipes
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Homemade ravioli being cut apart.
Homemade Ravioli Recipes