Crocheted Beach Bag From Plastic Grocery Bags

I keep our plastic grocery bags and re-use them, but sometimes we get way too many to keep around. I fold them flat and cut strips of plastic circle (cutting the bag from side to side after cutting the handles off) and intertwine them by looping one through the other and pulling the opposite end through the loop. As I do this, I roll the strips into a ball because I use it as a crochet material.

I make tote bags for the beach and increase the size of them as much as needed to get the size I need to carry the wet things back from the beach. They are loosely crocheted enough to be sprayed outside with the items in the bag and get the sand off. Then just hang them and they will drip dry.

Make the handles on the tote bag long enough to carry it across the body, or at least over the shoulder, so your hands are free to do other things. You can even make rugs of these to put your wet boots on during the rainy season. Keep it outside though!

Follow any crochet pattern that you have for either of these and experiment on your own as well.

By Diane from Owego, NY

Crocheted Green Plarn Bag
Making a Plarn Bag
Crafts CrochetMay 9, 2011
A recycled market bag made from plastic grocery bags.
Uses for Plastic Grocery Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄