Eliminating Age Spots

I am looking for cheap ways to get rid of sunspots on my face or at least lighten them. Does scar cream product work for this?

Hi, I bought AMBI Fade Cream at WalMart for approx. $7. You have to use it for at least a month before you see any difference, but it does fade the spots. I had a couple, and they are completely gone. Use it everyday until it is gone, then I use it about once a week. Loretta

I would suggest using the herb, amla. The stuff is just amazing, and it does wonders for hair, too! I get mine from From Nature With Love (an online store that sells soapmaking stuff, herbs, ingredients for homemade lotions, etc.) in bulk. You make a paste of the powder, with boiling water or tea, smear it on your face or hair (when it's cooled), and leave it on for about 15 minutes. It makes your skin absolutely glow, and evens out skin tone for several days. Give it a shot! The cost per pound seems like it's expensive, but you only need a little at a time, so a pound lasts quiet a long time- just store the bag of herb powder in your freezer. Good luck! :)

February 25, 2009 Flag

How can I fade away my facial age spots from the comfort of my home?

Priscilla from TX

Eliminating Age Spots

There's a really good treatment lotion made by Dermadoctor, called Immaculate Correction. You can find it on the net. It's $62, expensive, but still way cheaper than professional treatments. You will notice a difference within a week, but then the improvement will slow down. I've used it continuously for about a year and a half, and the sun damage on my face is pale enough that a light makeup hides it. The downside: I'm not sure the effects are permanent, so I might have to use the stuff indefinitely. (12/14/2007)

By Chretienne

Eliminating Age Spots

My sister-in-law put mashed up garbanzo beans mixed with a little water on hers. She put it on everyday and it really worked. (12/14/2007)

Eliminating Age Spots

To avoid spots to begin with, always wear sunscreen on face, hands and other exposed areas. We forget the hands until too late. (12/17/2007)

By pamphyila

Eliminating Age Spots

I've had great luck with the cheaper brand, Dr. Palmer's Skintone Fade Cream, with sunscreen and vitamins. It's mild but works.

I believe the secret is to apply to freshly bathed and towel dried skin with anything that's clean and the size of your dark spots, following the jar's instructions. For applicators, I have used the tops of old pearl corsage pins, metal nail pushers, q-tips, and the end of a rat-tail comb. Don't be impatient, while you diligently apply just to the spot, going slowly enough to not get any of the cream outside of the dark spot, if at all possible. I've used this successfully for 20+ years.

I've tried all brands of bleaching creams and found this one to be just fine for my sensitive skin, especially during the winter when I'm more confined to the indoors out of the sun. Good luck.

By Lynda

Eliminating Age Spots

I have been using something called Dr Bragi. It has a marine enzyme in it which exfoliates the skin, and it works on bags under the eyes and age spots ( or liver spots as my mother charmingly calls them). Over time - they fade away - but it does take time. I've been trying for 6 months and my skin looks amazing, very soft and smooth and all the redness and freckles are fading slowly. Apparently it could take up to 2 years, but I can see a difference. (02/03/2008)

By Autumn_Sidd

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Mature Skin TipsFebruary 25, 2009
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Kid's Clothing
Preventing Spots on Kids Clothing
woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
Eliminating Food Waste
Eliminating Food Waste at Home