Marking the Water Jug

My husband and I saved two milk jugs. One is used for water and the other for kool aide or juice drinks we mix ourselves. Because I found the water jug would be empty sitting in the refrigerator half full (your refrigerator works harder to keep a half jug cold.) I put a black mark on the jug to remind my husband and grandchildren when it time to refill the water jug. No more yelling, "Who did not fill back up the water jug."

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

Great idea! My husband is terrible about keeping our Brita water pitcher filled.

Be sure you swap out that water jug often, and replace it with new ones. Chemicals can eventually wear off the plastic, and create a health hazard, if you keep using the same jugs over and over. ;)

I wanted to go the Brita pitcure route but as much water as we drink I'd have to purchase filters so often that it would be very expensive. I filled a pitcher; left it sitting over night on the cabinet and I still could not stand the taste the next day.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 25, 2008
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄
🍂