Party FavorsParties

Useful Party Favors

My sister and I are throwing a surprise 60th Birthday party for my parents and we don't know what to do for favors. Since I am moving into a new house in the same month as the party we need to make them inexpensive. We also want them to be "usable", not dust collectors. Any and all ideas are appreciated. The party is informal and about 65+ guests.

Thanks,
Laurie from E.Stbg, PA

My family did that for a party, we bought lots of different inexpensive, non-fragile items, e.g. little books, pens, pins, feather dusters etc. Individually wrap everything so people have fun opening their little gift, you could also include a childs party favour in each pack. Then watch them swap and have fun when they open their present!

There's no limit to the type of things you can buy!

The cutest wedding favor I've seen and would work well for an anniversary party: a small box of mints (clear box with tiny mints inside). Print an appropriate sized label with the names of the couple and "Mint To Be" and slap the label on the mint container.

Scented or plain tea light candles can be found cheaply at dollar stores and discount stores and are both pretty and useful. You could also steal any favor idea from the average wedding and give out food items like candy, cocoa, tea bags, etc.

My cousin had a really good favor for her wedding. The took a plain tile from the hardware store, used black background and metalic paints in a "swirl" pattern. They then put a mounted picture of the couple on this and put a very hard shellac over all that. Once dry, they put felt on the back of the new coaster. Each was wrapped with a bow and placed on the table setting. It's been quite a few years since the wedding and I'm still using that coaster. It gives me good memories of a happy family occasssion.

How bout a small flowerpot and apackof seeds?

we attended a wedding where the 'table favor' was a disposable camera. Everyone at each table swapped the camera around taking pictures of each other. The cameras then go back to the party honorees. The pictures in the individual cameras can be developed whenever there's a little extra money!

Let us know what you decide to do!

Nancy in Florida

I want to thank everyone for all the ideas. My sister and I are going with two wonderful favors. We have created lables for votive candles with my parents names and a thank you message for the guests. We are placing them at each plate setting. We are also setting in a large planter in the middle of each table packets of seeds with a lable that says " may each of us grow to be as old as pat and Joe" Ha Ha. Thanks for the ideas.