Use Cereal For Crumb Crusts

Left over or stale sweetened cereals can be crushed and made into crusts for ice cream and other fruit flavored cream pies; also chocolate cereals for other flavors. Stale cheetos, corn chips, potato chips, can be used to top casseroles, coat chicken and thicken soups and sauces.

Source: just my old cheapskate self

By Eula from Killeen, Texas

My husband's boss supposedly fixes chicken with Cap'n Crunch, and it is supposed to be delicious. I guess it's possible--but sweet cereal on meat? Doesn't sound right to me.

My sister in law uses Kellogg's Frosted Flakes cereal crumbs on top of her cheesy potato casserole. She's forever getting asked the recipe for it. I'm not sure she tells them about her 'secret ingredient.' To me, the frosted flakes don't make that big of a difference, the cheesy flavor of the potatoes over powers the sweetness of the cereal crumbs.

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversDecember 10, 2008
Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Making Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Uses for Leftover Cereal
Uses for Leftover Cereal
Crumb Cake
Crumb Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂