How Can I Organize Earrings?

What is a good way to organize earrings?

By Sheila from Baltimore, MD

My chest of drawers has two shallow drawers on the top and I took a piece of styrofoam and covered it with a piece of balck fabric, and I stick the posts into the foam, through the fabric, it has worked well for many years. I realize hoops, lever backs, and wires can't be stuck into the foam, but I just lay mine on top of the foam. The black fabric seems to make the earrings easier to see when I am looking for a pair.

I keep my earrings in a large 7 day pill box. I have a small one that I use when traveling.

The same concept as the foam... but you can use a piece of cardboard, then your hoops, wires etc. can be attached as well. Then you could pin that to a wall or inside the closet or something...

I use a clear plastic box with dividers found in Walmart in the sporting goods area--it is also used by fishermen in their tackle boxes...

I hang chains on the wall and drape them like a necklace. The chain that holds the bulb in the back of the toilet works great. I then hang my hoops and wires over each section of chain. So when I look at the chain I see all those earrings and I am able to pick out what I want for that day. This does not work for the post though, but I am sure you could figure out a way to hang a strip of cardboard with a hook on it from the chain and put your post through the cardboard. I have over 365 pairs of earrings. I am a retired school teacher and I would wear a different pair each day to school and my students loved to see which pair I picked out for the day, even the boys.

I feel you have to take an inventory of how many and types first. Then decide on your options. I used to store mine in ice cube trays for years... Then i switched over to various see through tackle boxes, small for travel to large with handles for carrying and hanging in time. But always dust free! I do cut dividing pieces of poster board when needed.

Any container or way is fine, the more creative is nice.

I store my DMC thread this way in large see through tackle boxes too... (cross stitch threads)

A great way to organize your jewelry and also a nice way to display them is with some plain and simple window screen. Which is also very inexpensive. You can purchase a roll of window screen (preferably the kind that's somewhat tighter with smaller holes) for about $2 $3 in your choice of color at Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot.

Simply cut it in to strips about an inch wide and lengths of your choice and tag in on the wall about finger lengths apart one under the other. Myself I hang all silver earrings on one strip, gold on the strip underneath, then black and so forth. You can display hundreds of earrings taking up very minimal space and super organized that way. And it's very simple to add any new earrings you buy in a split second and never have to rearrange.

I am a bartender and require to dress and accessorize every week keeping my earrings on the wall like this I a simple and easy way to take one look and see everything I own without digging around and finding the right color. You can also hang your necklaces, bracelets on there. People that come to my house and see my display on the wall always think its so cool. :)

Hope this helps some of you out there.

Many Pairs of Earrings Spread out
Organizing Earrings
Organizing MiscellaneousMay 2, 2011
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Making Headpin Earrings
Making Headpin Earrings
Milk Jug Ring Earrings
Making Milk Jug Ring Earrings
🎉
🎄