Paint Color Advice for an Antique Dresser

I just painted my guest room a very light grey, with white baseboards, and around the doors. I also have white blinds. I have an old antique dresser I would like to paint brightly. I'd like for it to not be too, too colorful, but just a little bit!

By Lorna D. from TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

A photo would be helpful. I Google a lot of questions.

Your room is pretty neutral so far; you could pretty much go with any color you like. Pink for a girl; blue, purple, lime green, whatever you like. But, are you sure you want to paint an antique dresser? Seems a bit of a sacrilege to me. but perhaps it is merely old and not truly antique. If it was a fine piece of furniture with good wood, maybe you should refinish it to natural wood finish.

Yellow. Gray rooms with yellow accents are very popular right now and so cheerful.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating FurnitureJuly 27, 2011
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:33:39 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.