Gift Ideas for Someone You Just Started Dating

What do you get someone that likes to figit a lot, I don't really know what he likes we just started dating and I am lost. I just don't know what to get him.

Ashley from Waco

Showing: Answers Sort

By Janice C. 18 710 Flag

You just started dating him so I wouldn't embarrass him with an expensive gift - what if he only had an inexpensive gift for you? It could end a nice relationship. How about tickets for the two of you to go to a Christmas concert with dinner beforehand?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Does he own a car? Get a gift certificate for a carwash. Maybe a gift certificate to a clothing store? Does he have a pet? something for the pet would be nice. I once got my boyfriend a booklet of carwash, wax, etc. for his trunk one year. He loved it.

Rose

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sportschiq2012 1 Flag

Get him something you enjoy doing together. My guy keeps saying how much fun it is when we play just dance for study breaks. Any gift that you guys can do together will be a winner.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Depending on your price range, An MP3 Player of any sorts is a great gift. IPod is the most popular, $199. - $299.

Handheld PSP. (video game player)

Good Luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Crystal 3 50 Flag

I agree with not getting an expensive gift, maybe a little hand-held game, like Tetris or something. They are $10-$15 at Wal-Mart. Movie Tickets would be good, if he likes video games or somehting you could get him a gift-certificate to a gaming store, that way he can pick out what he wants! I like cologne also...pick something that you like, that way you will enjoy the way he smells!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I could really really use this help.. Because, I am in a relationship of just 3 months and I dont know what to get my SIMPLE guy..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I literally just started dating this guy for less than a month ago and Christmas just came up. I don't want to get anything to overwhelming...lol but I don't want to get something crappy. You know. Any ideas, cause he is a romantic and he might get me something nice? I kinda want something in between! Help me

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I would have to imagine this question would be more of an age specific question, or even level of commitment - I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to be able to afford an iPod. However if I didn't already have one it would be a nice gift to receive from my new girlfriend as we can afford it (I'm in my mid 30's) - I too am searching for the right gift for my new GF, it's a tough deal - we both make decent money but it's more the gift - while I was focusing on a 100-200$ range necklace, I wasn't sure and I'm a psychologist :-)

She does have a puppy, thanks for the thought Rosa - I know she wants a few things for her - love through the puppy is an approach I hadn't thought of :P - My thought is if you really care for the person a gift from the heart it the best answer - I'd be happy with a simple card and her wearing a bow in her hair exclaiming she is my present (she already is though) - for those who can afford something bigger dig deep, if he/she's into a specific sports team yet you might not be buy two tickets to a game and go with them, if any of you know my GF whisper "Rose Bowl" into her ear for me!

If you are a starving college student, take some of your beer money & go spend $30 on ingredients and prepare a nice home/apt cooked meal for the two of you - don't put a bow on the Chicken Marsalla though... If you go from the heart and they don't like your gift you may want to think about the relationship - material things don't matter as much as the fact that you can and have the desire to share it with your loved one! Merry Christmas (and all the other holidays you might celebrate) and good luck to all!

Fred

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A dating couple.
"Just Dating" Gift Ideas
Previous
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 7, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A dating couple.
"Just Dating" Gift Ideas
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Easter Gift Ideas
Plastic milk bottle with an expiration date on it.
Keeping Track of Food Expiration Dates
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:27:52 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings