Organizing Clothes That Can Be Worn Again Before Washing

Does anybody have any ideas on what to do with clothes that you have worn, but feel like you could wear them again before washing? These items always get flung over a chair in my household.

I don't really want to hang them back up or put them back in the drawers, but I'm not sure of a good place to put them so things still look tidy. Any suggestions?

By StellBell from WA

I have an eight peg coat rack that hangs on the wall in my bathroom. The clothes get hung there if they can be worn again. It looks like lattice with wooden pegs.

We don't fling ours over a chair. That's what the treadmill is for. :-)

But seriously, it depends on the article of clothing. If we're going to rewear something, we'll probably do it pretty soon, so we just fold it and put it on the dresser. That way it doesn't end up forgotten with our other clothes without being washed.

Hi there StellBell! My hint only works for hanging items (not folded items) but I turn the hook of the hanger of the "gently worn" clothes opposite of the "freshly laundered" clothes in our closets. This helps remind me that an article of clothing can be worn at least once more before washing and the memory of just taking it off the hanger that morning reminds me to throw it in the laundry basket after wearing that day! Good luck!

You can also get a bar that hangs on the door, but sticks out a good foot or two. You could get some red hangers and use them only for items that have been worn, and hang them on the door on a bar. That way they can air. You could even give them a shot of Febreeze if they need it.

Sorry to say, if you want to wear your clothes more than once,

a chair is not the place. Hang it up and keep wrinkles to a minimum. I keep small rubber bands in my clothes so when

I wear an item and want to wear it again, I slip a rubber band on the top hook of the hanger, however I always hang and air the clothing item first!

I think it best that clothes are hung up somewhere other than the closet in order to air. I have a hook on the outside of my closet door and I hand mine there. Personally I wouldn't hang them back in the closet. It won't hurt but they need to air out.

I use one of those standing coat racks. It works wonderfully for that!

I hang my clothes on a hanger inside out and hang it by the window to air out. Then I know for sure it has one more use before it goes down the laundry chute.

I don't have a very large wardrobe, so I keep it simple. I carefully smooth and fold re-wearable items and put them on top of my laundry hamper. I never thought about hanging them in front of a window or anything, but I'll think about that.

If you have a covered porch, you could put it on the coat hanger, and hang outside where it could get the sun and fresh air. That is what I do to hubby's hunting clothes that he doesn't want washed just yet.

Organized Clothes in Closet
Organizing Clothes
Organizing ClothingApril 1, 2011
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood