I need a recipe for creamed chicken made in a crock pot and served on buns.
Jan from Springfield, MN
Googled the recipe, first one on website.
Marge from NY
Jan, here's what you might be looking for. I did not try these myself but they sound good.
Makes 4-6 Servings
28 oz can boneless chicken
10 3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1 stack butter crackers, crushed
15 oz can chicken broth
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours, stirring occasionally
Elizabeth's Hot Chicken Sandwiches
Makes 8 servings
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup crushed soda crackers
1/4-1/2 tsp salt
8 sandwich buns
1. Combine chicken, broth, crackers, and seasoning in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 2-3 hours, until mixture thickens and can be spread
3. Fill sandwich buns and serve while warm.
Loretta's Hot Chicken Sandwiches
Makes 12 servings
8 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup cubed American cheese
1. Combine all ingredients except buns in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on High 2 hours.
3. Serve on buns
Thanks Debbie 52 and MargeW,They sure sound good I will be trying them all to see which one I like the best Thanks again
Update: I tried the recipe for "Sloppy Chicken" that I posted on 9/21 and it's pretty good. To me it was a little on the salty side but my husband said it wasn't. Still, I think I'd use the low sodium soups next time and rinse the canned chicken. I think it makes more than recipe says too. With leftovers tho I turned it into chicken a la King with just a couple changes and then we had a different meal another night.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!