Bring List of Medical Concerns to Doctor

I find that when I go the doctor, I always forget to tell the doctor about all the medical problem problems that I am having. Here is my solution. I write down a list of problems (if I have dates and frequency that is even better), and then hand the list to the doctor. That way I am covered, and I can have all my problems taken care of.

By Georgetta R. from Watrloo, IA

I think this is a good idea. I too, often forget something, especially if it is something small problem that is not enough of a problem on its own to warrant a visit.. I think this might also be a good idea for those who tend to minimize problems once they get to the doctor. My mom has a lot of pain in her legs, but when she get in to see the doctor she always says "It isn't so bad lately" -- if she had a list written down, she couldn't do that!!!

I did this when I went for my Pap and got chewed out by my doctor cause I didn't inform the receptionist when I made the appt that I had a list. He said they had to allow time for that stuff. It took him all of five minutes to cover my concerns. Needless to say I am changing doctors.