Browsing: Preventing Flea Bites

Preventing Flea Bites

How do you stop fleas from biting certain people?

By Betty from Annapolis Royal

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

The only way i've ever gotten rid of fleas is bombing my house and treating my dogs and then 7 days later do it again. As far as keeping them from biting some people, like if your going to someone's house to visit and you know they have fleas, I have used bug spray, sprayed it on my pant legs and shoes. Good luck.

I would definitely get rid of the fleas in general. Then your guests will not have to worry. All you need to do is to remove access to the host, usually your pets. Advantage spot treatment was all it took to rid our home of them years ago. No bombing, no sprays were necessary. You will need to treat all pets on a monthly basis. Best wishes.

I understand fleas are attacted to people who have estrogen in their bodies. So that would be women. I am not sure if hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills can exacerbate that problem.

I've heard that you should avoid sweets and take in vinegar-based foods. Also, I take a salt-scrub *(kosher salt mixed with almond oil, vitamin E and essential oil) shower, as this also detracts the bites.

Spray your house with demise or precor. I am so allergic, I end up in hospital. If you are having the same , Use SSS original from avon, to soothe use witch hazel. Advantage or frontline animals. Then spray. Bombs only kill the center of the room fleas lay there eggs under and in . Can get fleas even with no pets. Keep off grass. They will come in on clothes. Take blankets if you can and pillows put in dryer for 20 mins to get them hot enough to kill them. Before bed. Vacum 2 to 3 times a day. They hate citrus smell, so buy a perfume or lotion with it smelling like limes or something along that line. I also put bounce dryer sheets ( generic works) tuck in my chest and bed under sofa pillows . Hope this helps

I remember when I was a child, my best friends mom used to give their family garlic pills to discourage flea and insect bites. I know they had lots of fleas because they would eat me up but none in their family was bitten so maybe the garlic did really work. I'm not sure how much though, just that it needs to be taken every day like a regular daily vitamin. Please let us know if anyone tries this whether it works or not. Good luck =)

Preventing Flea Bites
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasJanuary 10, 2010
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Chigger on Leaf
Remedies for Chigger Bites