Controlling Sweat

My daughter sweats uncontrollably and she is sometimes embarrassed to raise her hand in school because it will show. We switched deodorants and that doesn't even work. What should I do?

Maya

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have a niece that suffered from a similar problem. My sister took her to the pediatrician and he had a minor surgery performed on her to cure the problem. I don't remember what it is called but I would ask my doctor about the possibility. My niece is cured of the sweats and it was an out patient surgery as well.

I recommend that you take your daughter to a doctor, preferably a dermatologist. She may be suffering from Hyperhydrosis (I think that's the way it's spelled), which causes excessive sweating and can be treated. I'm not in the medical profession, but I've read about this condition.

I agree about contacting a doctor. You also could give the school nurse a call. See what advice she can provide.

One thing she could try is using a light days mini pad. They simply stick to your shirt. If that doesn't work, we ended going to a neurologist and received botox shots in the arm pit. This is good for about 6 months. The doctor will have to write it in away so that your insurance company will pick it up. It is not cheap, but in the end well worth the price.

This certainly sounds like hyperhydrosis, check with your physician. All the antiperspirants in the world will not correct this condition.

Some people suffer in the underarm area while others in the hands and feet as well as underarms.

There is a surgery to relieve the symptoms. I would check it out.

I used to have the same problem. BUT I found a deodorant that fixes the problem. It's called "Certain Dri". Use it as directed and the problem will be solved. Now I use it maybe once a week and NO more perspiration.

try "certain dry" antiperspirant-I suggested it to my neighbor's daughter-works like a charm-just don't shave before using.

On the Google search engine type in Deodorant Stone. A friend of mine has the same problem and his wife said IT WORKS !! You rub the smooth stone all over your body while still wet from the shower and there is absolutely NO odor whatsoever.

Marianne

The salt stones will control odor but will do nothing for sweating. Just want to clarify.

I had been diagnosed with graves disease, my metabolism was way too fast and my deodorant stopped "working"... I finally switched to Mitchum and have been odorless since, but with sweating check with doctor to see if it is medical, if not be very concerned in using anti-perspirants vs. using deodorant.

Deodorant will take care of the odor, anti perspirants will (or designed to) stop sweating.

Huge problem is the sweat glands can be hindered (or clogged) by anti perspirants. It can cause a medical problem. I hear painful. I would talk to doctor about the problem for sure! Hope it helps.

Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Leafhopper
Identifying and Controlling Leafhoppers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:22:14 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.