Outwitting Curious Children

Around October, I start buying gifts to avoid the December price crunch. It is difficult to hide presents from snooping children. I wrap each child's present in a particular wrapping paper, a type of secret code known only to me. I still hide them, but since they don't have names tags on them they're not as interesting.

By Carole from Clay City, IN

This is a great idea which I have started to use also for my husband & son's prezzies. I wrap my husbands in one colour & my son's in another. I still hide them but if they happen to come across them, there are no labels attached so they don't know which colour is theirs!

Of course it only works as long as you remember which colour belongs to who!!!

I also have heard of people boxing them up and labeling the boxes as "old clothes" or something else uninteresting to children.

When my kids were little, I used to number the packages...of course you have to keep a list of whose number is whose!!

my parents always used numbers on packages

we have done a variety of things with our 3 children from using one color paper for each to using the year they were born backwards,like 81 was 18.one year one was named huey,louie and the last one duey.or the names of the 3 muskateers or the 3 stoodges

i always had fun and no one never forgot which child was what they always thought they had it figured out

My mom used to hide things from the kids by putting them where work needed to be done. Have a basketful of clothes to be ironed, washed, etc, hide things there. Got a room that needs cleaning out? Hide your presents there. Kids will not go around work to be done and will studiously stay away!! Presents hidden!!

Santa and his bag whispering hush.
Keeping Christmas Gifts a Secret
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsOctober 3, 2006
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Closeup of Cornish Rex cat.
Cornish Rex Breed Information and Photos
Insect
What is This Insect?
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
🎉
🎄