Reminding Yourself

How often have you promised to bring something to work (or to a co-worker) the next day and forgotten to do so? And then you forget the next day, and the next day...

When I was working overseas and our Internet services were less than stellar, I used to jot down a little note and stick it in my shirt pocket. When I got home and emptied out my pockets, I'd see the note and take care of it. If Internet services are reliable, like my service in Maryland is, send yourself an e-mail as a reminder. Once you get home, and see the reminder - Do it! If you promised to bring in a book, grab the book and put it in the car.

By Mike from Germantown, MD

Very good idea and you can also send yourself a message on your answering machine at your home.

Good tip and you can also just set the item right in front of your door, or hang it in a bag on the door knob, so you'll see it on the way out ;-)

Good tip. Also, if you're a Yahoo homepage user, there's a neat little homepage app that lets you make "notes to self". I've positioned the box for mine right under my email notification so I can't miss it.

I no longer have a busy life with children grown and all but I use a little free program called Stickies to put a yellow sticky on my computer desktop to keep track of appointments, etc. I also use a whiteboard for such things as gardening chores, etc. Pat

I have six children and they each have different schedules. It was almost impossable for me to keep track of everything, so I started using a peg board. Now I can keep track of who gets out of school early this day and who needs a sack lunch the next. I even stick bills up there that way everytime I walk by I'm reminded to pay that bill. That's what works for me. I hope it helps someone else too.

Great tip!

I use a variety of means to remind myself: the "bag on the door" trick works very well. I've also been known to simply stuff items I'm supposed to deliver in my oversized purse. Then they're there when I need them.

My most reliable trick other than that is MS Outlook Calendar. I create the reminder to pop up in a timely manner, and I use the "snooze" feature as many times as I want to be nagged. Since I can't see written stickies and my adaptive computer doesn't do graphics, this works best for me.

I have a metal front door and found using a small dry erase board attached to my door with magnets is a great way to make me remember things. I jot down notes on paper and then write them on my dry erase board when I get home. I see the note before I walk out and remember to go and get it.

A numbered to do list on paper.
Staying Organized With Lists
Organizing Memory TricksMarch 15, 2010
Woman Cleaning House
Motivating Yourself to Clean
smiley faces drawn on toes.
Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
Bamboo growing in a yard.
Selling Bamboo Plants
Note Written on Mirror
Using Your Bathroom Mirror for Reminders