Temporary Fix for Audio and Game CDs

If you have a small scratch in your CDs and don't want to have to have them repaired right away or buy new ones, try this trick. Stick them in the freezer for about five minutes. The cold causes the scratch to contract making the CD usable again. I don't know how many times I would try this, but it definitely has worked for me in the past. I would do it once and then get the CD fixed at the Radio Shack like store (I lived in Japan where they don't have Radio Shacks).

Source: This was shown in a Japanese Television show called "Itokei no Shokutaku". Every week they awarded the best tip with a $10,000 prize. Every televised tip was given a award of money or a prepaid telephone card depending on how many of the family members voted on the tip. It was a lot of fun and educational.

By Middlekid from Science Hill, KY

A professional DJ told me that in a pinch he polishes the scratch with creamy peanut butter.

Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 16, 2009
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
Inexpensive Couch
Inexpensive Furnishings for a Temporary Apartment
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs