Product Review: Black and Decker MX217 PowerPro Mixer

Product: Hand Mixers

Model: MX217 PowerPro 250-Watt 6-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, Black

Manufacturer: Black and Decker

Cost: $20.00

I bought a Black and Decker MX217 PowerPro 250-Watt 6-Speed Handheld Mixer at a flea market for my daughter. After bringing it home and checking it out, I decided I would give her my old mixer and keep this one. It has worked out so perfectly. This mixer has a turbo charged extra speed that makes mashed potatoes so very nice and fluffy in seconds.

Well, needless to say, after 6 years it died. So we went out and found the exact same one and bought it. This one comes with a nifty little case and you can store it anywhere. It is just such a wonderful mixer that I had to add my 2 cents worth. Try it. I'm willing to bet it will be your favorite kitchen appliance.

By Gem from VA

That mixer is great, Got a friend has one like that. If I needed one I would purchase one.

Queen Bee

You bought it for your daughter specifically, then kept it for yourself?? And now have a second one, with which you are delighted, but she has "your old one"? Still not one for her, after six years,as your heart initially intended? Was it just because it was cheap that it was for her? She doesn't need anything "good"? Frugal is one thing, this is another. Not my favorite post to say the least. Bad Karma.

Thanks for the review. I have wanted a hand held mixer for a while, but haven't bought one because I didn't know which ones are worthwhile. I made a note of this model, and if I can find one, I'll buy it. I usually have good luck with Black & Decker products, too.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Kitchen MixersMarch 14, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Electric Hand Mixer
Electric Hand Mixer Tips
Electric Mixer
Electric Mixer Tips
🎄